In the midst of preening through my old blogs in search of some of my favourite posts to regurgitate here, I came across this one from 23 March, 2010. Ah, the memories of that day... I swear, I came home from having that ultrasound and cried and cried and cried...
Things a sonographer should never say to a pregnant woman:
6. This baby has an unusually big stomach - I’m just going to measure that again.
5. Now I’ll get someone else to check on those measurements…
4. Let’s just go with my measurements - hers were even larger.
3. Well it’s certainly looking like a big baby - do you have any Tongan in you?
2. I’m glad I’m not the one pushing this one out!
And the all-time #1 thing a sonographer should never say to a pregnant woman…
1. And here’s baby’s squished up face.
WHAT does that even mean??!!